This is my review of the books I have read from the list 1000 Novels That Everyone Must Read. Want to read the books off the list and start your own life goal? The link is http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/series/1000novels

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jurassic Park, by Michael Crichton

I LOVED Michael Crichton’s Andromeda Strain, so of course I was excited to read his Jurassic Park. My high expectations were not at all let down. I haven’t seen the movie in a while, so I can’t compare it to the book, but the book is definitely a must read! It was one of those books that you couldn’t believe covered such a short amount of time, because so much happened during it, but at the same time, it wasn’t an unrealistic amount of activity.

If you’ve seen the movie, I imagine you know the general story (and if you haven’t seen the movie, you are either REALLY young or sheltered…) It’s a few years in the future, and scientists are going through biochemistry overload. They are learning about genes, DNA, and cloning. It’s to be expected that someone’s going to come up with the idea of cloning a dinosaur!

However, why just clone a dinosaur when you can clone a bunch of dinosaurs! And what better to do with them than make an amusement park-style zoo on a secluded island for people to observe the prehistoric animals at will. Dr. Grant, a fossil expert, is invited to this park with his associate Ellie in order to study the animals and perhaps offer some expertise. However, he is not expecting the danger that can be involved in a rushed project with security flaws.

Of course, you can put two and two together. Dinosaurs plus security flaws equals intense danger and constant action! OF COURSE I’m not going to give away the plot, because I want you to read this intense novel. Just know that the action in this book is not to be contended. Reading it at night before bed was a bad idea, because the action kept me up and excited throughout the night, and I didn’t get the best sleep.

So awesome plot, awesome action, of course I’m giving this book FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! I mean, I loved this book, it would be silly for me to give it less! Another fast read, but I may have just taken more time to read it because I loved it so much. Definitely not one of those books where you have to read each sentence three times in order to truly understand it

Reading Next:: To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment